By Sean Patrick Adams
- Provides an outline of Andrew Jackson's lifestyles and legacy, grounded within the most modern scholarship and together with unique examine unfold throughout a few thematic areas
- Features 30 essays contributed by means of best students and historians
- Synthesizes the main up to date scholarship at the political, monetary, social, and cultural facets of the Age of Andrew Jackson
Read or Download A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Best american history books
Masking the total interval from the colonial period to the overdue 20th century, this e-book is the 1st scholarly historical past of the homeless in the US. Drawing on resources that come with files of charitable agencies, sociological experiences, and various memoirs of previously homeless people, Kusmer demonstrates that the homeless were an important presence at the American scene for over 2 hundred years.
FBI particular brokers are in particular expert group of workers, selected from an in depth pool of candidates simply because they own particular components of workmanship, together with counterterrorism, counterintelligence, and cybercrime. To Be an FBI designated Agent offers all-encompassing insurance of the educational strategy. Candid images of the FBI's education institution in Quantico, Virginia, provide the reader an extraordinary glance backstage.
In marketers within the Southern Upcountry, Bruce W. Eelman follows the evolution of an entrepreneurial tradition in a nineteenth-century southern neighborhood outdoors the plantation belt. Counter to the view that the Civil conflict and Reconstruction on my own introduced social and fiscal revolution to the South, Eelman unearths that antebellum Spartanburg businessmen endorsed a accomplished imaginative and prescient for modernizing their quarter.
" Kent Brown's beautiful account of the occupation of Lt. Alonzo Hereford Cushing deals worthy insights into the character of the Civil struggle and the lads who fought it. Brown's bright descriptions of the warmth and exhaustion of compelled marches, of the fury of conflict, have seldom been matched in Civil warfare literature.
- The Northern Cheyenne Exodus in History and Memory
- Chula Vista (Then and Now)
- President Clinton Scandal
- Hurley (Images of America)
- Ritual America: Secret Brotherhoods and Their Influence on American Society: A Visual Guide
Extra info for A Companion to the Era of Andrew Jackson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)