By Charles R., Jr. Ault
Read or Download Challenging Science Standards: A Skeptical Critique of the Quest for Unity PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
From the architectural spectacle of the medieval cathedral and the romantic chic of the nineteenth-century landscape to the techno-fetishism of present day London technological know-how Museum, people have received a deeper figuring out of the wildlife via hugely illusionistic representations that engender new modes of seeing, listening, and pondering.
Evolution, video games, and God explores how cooperation and altruism, along mutation and traditional choice, play a severe position in evolution, from microbes to human societies. Inheriting an inclination to cooperate and self-sacrifice on behalf of others can be as helpful to a population’s survival because the self-preserving instincts of people.
Within the Eighties, philosophical, old and social experiences of technology underwent a transformation which later advanced right into a flip to practice. Analysts of technology have been requested to be aware of clinical practices in meticulous aspect and alongside a number of dimensions, together with the cloth, social and mental.
Complicated Geography through Ralph Stockman Tarr. This booklet is a replica of the unique ebook released in 1909 and should have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
- Understanding Pendulums: A Brief Introduction: 12 (History of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- Scientific Knowledge and the Transgression of Boundaries (Technikzukünfte, Wissenschaft und Gesellschaft / Futures of Technology, Science and Society)
- The Wild and the Wicked: On Nature and Human Nature (MIT Press)
- Science in Latin America: A History
- Cultures of Care in Irish Medical History, 1750-1970
Extra info for Challenging Science Standards: A Skeptical Critique of the Quest for Unity