By Maria Burguete,Hauke Riesch
Read Online or Download Humanities As Science Matters: History, Philosophy & Arts PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
From the architectural spectacle of the medieval cathedral and the romantic elegant of the nineteenth-century landscape to the techno-fetishism of brand new London technological know-how Museum, people have received a deeper realizing of the flora and fauna via hugely illusionistic representations that engender new modes of seeing, listening, and considering.
Evolution, video games, and God explores how cooperation and altruism, along mutation and typical choice, play a serious position in evolution, from microbes to human societies. Inheriting a bent to cooperate and self-sacrifice on behalf of others can be as valuable to a population’s survival because the self-preserving instincts of people.
Within the Eighties, philosophical, old and social experiences of technological know-how underwent a metamorphosis which later developed right into a flip to practice. Analysts of technological know-how have been requested to be aware of clinical practices in meticulous element and alongside a number of dimensions, together with the cloth, social and mental.
Complicated Geography via Ralph Stockman Tarr. This e-book is a duplicate of the unique booklet released in 1909 and will have a few imperfections similar to marks or hand-written notes.
- Alternative Pathways in Science and Industry: Activism, Innovation, and the Environment in an Era of Globalizaztion (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- Matters of the Heart: History, Medicine, and Emotion
- Laboratories of Art: Alchemy and Art Technology from Antiquity to the 18th Century (Archimedes)
- Science Policies and Twentieth-Century Dictatorships: Spain, Italy and Argentina (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)
- Camels, Tigers & Unicorns:Rethinking Science & Technology-Enabled Innovation
Additional resources for Humanities As Science Matters: History, Philosophy & Arts