By Julie K. Brown
Read or Download Health and Medicine on Display: International Expositions in the United States, 1876-1904 (MIT Press) PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
From the architectural spectacle of the medieval cathedral and the romantic elegant of the nineteenth-century landscape to the techno-fetishism of present day London technological know-how Museum, people have won a deeper knowing of the flora and fauna via hugely illusionistic representations that engender new modes of seeing, listening, and considering.
Evolution, video games, and God explores how cooperation and altruism, along mutation and average choice, play a serious position in evolution, from microbes to human societies. Inheriting an inclination to cooperate and self-sacrifice on behalf of others will be as precious to a population’s survival because the self-preserving instincts of people.
Within the Eighties, philosophical, ancient and social reviews of technological know-how underwent a transformation which later developed right into a flip to practice. Analysts of technology have been requested to be aware of medical practices in meticulous element and alongside a number of dimensions, together with the fabric, social and mental.
Complicated Geography through Ralph Stockman Tarr. This publication is a duplicate of the unique publication released in 1909 and will have a few imperfections resembling marks or hand-written notes.
- Mathematics as a Tool: Tracing New Roles of Mathematics in the Sciences (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science)
- Thomas Harriot and His World: Mathematics, Exploration, and Natural Philosophy in Early Modern England
- Ueber den Einfluss der Isolirung auf die Artbildung (German Edition)
- Living in Space: A Handbook for Work and Exploration Beyond the Earth's Atmosphere
- Ayurveda Made Modern: Political Histories of Indigenous Medicine in North India, 1900-1955 (Cambridge Imperial and Post-Colonial Studies Series)
- The Transit of Venus Enterprise in Victorian Britain (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
Additional info for Health and Medicine on Display: International Expositions in the United States, 1876-1904 (MIT Press)