By Bernadette Bensaude-Vincent,Christine Blondel
Read or Download Science and Spectacle in the European Enlightenment (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
From the architectural spectacle of the medieval cathedral and the romantic chic of the nineteenth-century landscape to the techno-fetishism of brand new London technological know-how Museum, people have won a deeper realizing of the flora and fauna via hugely illusionistic representations that engender new modes of seeing, listening, and pondering.
Evolution, video games, and God explores how cooperation and altruism, along mutation and average choice, play a serious position in evolution, from microbes to human societies. Inheriting an inclination to cooperate and self-sacrifice on behalf of others will be as precious to a population’s survival because the self-preserving instincts of people.
Within the Eighties, philosophical, old and social stories of technology underwent a transformation which later developed right into a flip to practice. Analysts of technology have been requested to be aware of clinical practices in meticulous element and alongside a number of dimensions, together with the fabric, social and mental.
Complex Geography by means of Ralph Stockman Tarr. This e-book is a replica of the unique publication released in 1909 and will have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
- Bernard de Mandeville's Tropology of Paradoxes: Morals, Politics, Economics, and Therapy (Studies in History and Philosophy of Science)
- Brewing Science, Technology and Print, 1700-1880 (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)
- Shaping Technology / Building Society: Studies in Sociotechnical Change (Inside Technology)
- God versus Particle Physics
- Science and the Myth of Progress (Perennial Philosophy)
- Natürliche schöpfungsgeschichte. Gemeinverständliche wissenschaftliche vorträge über die entwickelungslehre im allgemeinen und diejenige (German Edition)
Additional resources for Science and Spectacle in the European Enlightenment (Science, Technology and Culture, 1700-1945)